Wednesday 27 May 2015

My Top Movies Of All Time

My Top Movies Of All Time

Well, my all time favourite movies so far, another great movie is always just around the corner.

I love movies. I mean if I could sit in a cinema all day watching movies I'd be in heaven. Now I don't think of myself as any kind of  movie expert; I watch movies I like the sound or are about a subject I'm interested in and I have seen a lot of films but I know I haven't seen all the classics and if I was ever in the room with a real film buff, I'd probably sound like a fool next to them. However I do love finding new movies, re-watching favourites and one of my favourite things to spend money on is DVDs. 

So today I thought I would share with you my current absolute favourites;  you've probably heard of most of them but you might find something new or maybe you just need a nudge to try the ones you haven't seen.

The Thief Lord

This film has been on my favourites list since I was a child and is actually also my all time favourite book. In fact, I loved this so much, that we went to Venice for our holiday one year so I could see all the sites. It's about two orphans who run away to Venice and are taken in by group of street urchins, who live in an old cinema (awesome right?). They are looked after by The Thief lord and a bit of adventure and magic ensues. I admit this film is aimed at younger viewers but it's heart warming and feel good, the only downside is you'll need to go Venice after. Also, Aaron Taylor-Johnson (as in Kick ass) need I say more?

The Help

I adore this movie. It's so inspiring.  Now the way the black people  are treated in this movie is heartbreaking, but it also shows how good the people who weren't racist really were, back when it was the normal thing for people to do. The acting is amazing. The shots and the writing is amazing. I can't even think of the right words to describe how much I love this film. I strongly suggest you take a look at this film, it may not be the film you put on for a cheery night in but you definitely need to see it.

Skyfall

I went to see this film in the cinema more times than I care to admit. Personally, I think Daniel Craig is the best James Bond ever because he's brilliant but also kind of terrifying. It's got a good story, it's full of action and the cinematography is exquisite. It's different from other Bond films in that it has a much deeper story line than 'Bond defeats bad guys', but they've still got all the 007 classics in there. I have a feeling the poster for this film will remain on my wall forever.

Finding Nemo

I like fish. I love aquariums and this is a movie about really cute fish. Plus it's hilarious; there's a vegetarian shark, a stoner turtle and Dory (Dory doesn't need anymore explanation) . If you haven't seen this film, I'm not sure where you've been.


Godzilla

This movie has the best twist ever! It's just cool. There's great action, amazing CG and more Aaron T-J (being very heroic this time). This movie is really fun, gripping and generally a very good watch. If you're a scientist you may have to take the "science" in this film with a pinch of salt :P. If you like action films this is a good one to try, some of the action sequences are frickin' awesome, especially an awesome plane jump.


 Do you like any of these films? Are there any films you think I should watch? Let me know in the comments.

I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for reading.

Love Sorcha
              xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Finding Nemo! Watched this film 5 times in a row on the way over to Australia when I was younger! Love it! X

    Cara Delevinge inspired look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Can't wait for Finding Dory! xx

      Delete